Saturday 31 July 2010

Beatbeast's Boomer 1st edition - A week of difference

Tuesday saw me at the wonderful Luminaire in Kilburn. Nice people there to see a great Blues/Gospel band and to bask in the glory that was The Holmes Brothers.

2 days later and I'm in Islington to catch Stephen Dale Petit and his brand of New Blues and the worst kind of audience - no heart and no interest in the music. Why do people pay good money to get in, inflated prices for drinks (they could have drunk in a pub for much less) and then show no interest in the band who are giveing their all on the stage - idiots and a depressing example of London audiences or twats as they are also known.
 http://www.music-news.com/showreview.asp?H=Stephen-Dale-Petit&nReviewID=6167 for my review.

Hit me with any comments people - I can only get better!

1 comment:

  1. Andy, before anything else, welcome to bloggerdom! And going specifically into the main point of your review, I think you've hit the nail in the head. After being at countless concerts I have often wondered why would people pay good money to see an artist, just to talk and be noisy throughout the show. If they are bored, why not up and go? Recently I was inside a tour bus, doing the Beatle tour in Liverpool. The guide was very well versed in Beatles' history, anecdotes, the works. And very spirited in his talk. Still, there was a very noisy group at the back, preventing most of the rest to listen clearly to what he was saying. At a certain point, this good-natured man summed up the situation in what I thought was a very polite rebuke: "Can anybody hear me at the back? Because I can certainly hear you..."
    Keep it up, Andy!

    ReplyDelete